Bequest Earnings Disbursement Fund
“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God’s varied grace.”
1 Peter 4:10
At Shantz Mennonite Church we are followers of Jesus Christ called by God and empowered by the Holy Spirit, to grow as a community of grace, joy and peace so that God’s healing and hope flow through us as a witnesses to the world.
Purpose of Fund:
To support projects and programs outside of the Shantz Mennonite Church’s operational budget that meets applicant criteria and are approved by the Shantz Mennonite Church congregation.
Criteria for Applicants:
- Faith or community based organization
- Clear statement of purpose of how grant is to be used
- Governed by an active, ethical and responsible body
- Program or project is peace, social and/or mutual aid based
- Makes efficient use of grant
- Makes available on request any information required including but not limited to annual reports, program activities and financial statements
- Does not publicize or disclose donor information in any way before receiving written approval from Shantz Mennonite Church council
- Meets Canada Revenue guidelines for charitable organizations
- The amount for any one individual disbursement will not exceed 25% of total annual disbursements of entire Bequest Earnings Disbursement Fund available in the current year
Applications are available from the Bequest Earnings Disbursement Fund team and amounts disbursed are based on congregational support for the applicant.
Applications for funds requested for Internationally/Nationally based projects or programs must be received by deadline of May 31st and applicants will be notified no later than November 30th regarding the success of their application.
We at Shantz Mennonite Church have been blessed with a special gift of monetary value that we have been able to share with a number of groups. We are continuing to be good stewards with this gift. However, due to the economics of the past year we will not be accepting applications for National and International disbursements in 2017.
Applications for funds requested for Waterloo Region based projects or programs must be received by deadline of November 30th and applicants will be notified no later than April 30th regarding the success of their application.
Applications for requests of $1000.00 or less are also available regardless of geographical location and are reviewed monthly by the Bequest Earnings Disbursement Fund team. These applicants are notified regarding the success of their application (if they meet the fund criteria) within 60 days.
Any questions, request for applications, or completed applications can be emailed back to Bequest Earnings Disbursement Fund team (email@example.com) or mailed to:
Shantz Mennonite Church
Attention: Bequest Earnings Disbursement Fund team
2473 Erb’s Rd, Baden, Ontario